Since 2004, Cell Phones for Soldiers:
- Raised more than $7 million and provided more than 114 million minutes of free talk time
- Mails approximately 12,000 calling cards each week
- Recycled more than 8.3 million cell phones, reducing the impact on landfills
- Anticipates the launch of a new program, Helping Heroes Home, to provide returning troops with 30-days of free phone service following deployment.
- Has remained a family-run, non-profit organization operated almost exclusively by Bob, Gail, Brittany, Robbie and Courtney Bergquist.
To support Cell Phones for Soldiers you can visit their site to make a monetary contribution, or you can donate a used mobile phone. Phone donors can find their nearest drop-off location or print a postage-paid shipping label. For every $5 raised, 150 minutes of talk time can be sent overseas, bridging the communication gap for military families.